"We are honored that Lake Cumberland and Somerset-Pulaski County have been selected in so many categories of Kentucky Living's Best in Kentucky contest," said Carolyn Mounce, executive director of the Somerset-Pulaski County Convention and Visitors Bureau. "These selections are a valuable resource for visitors who are planning vacations in Kentucky."
Lake Cumberland is also in the Kentucky Living Magazine Hall of Fame for Best Boating Lake or River. Hall of fame entries are the "best of the best — special places that readers have voted number one for three years in a row in a special category," according to the magazine.
The categories in which Lake Cumberland/Somerset-Pulaski County were selected are as follows:
- Best Fishing Spot — Lake Cumberland
- Best Golf Course — General Burnside
- Island State Park Golf Course
- Best Music Festival — Master Musicians Festival
- Best Local Bookstore — Heritage Christian Bookstore
- Best Car Show Cruise-In — Somernites Cruise
- Best Local Performing Arts Site — The Center for Rural Development
- Best Flea Market — Lake Cumberland Flea Market
- Best Civil War Site — Mill Springs Battlefield
Family Outing (Somernites Cruise), Museum (Mill Springs Battlefield Museum)
Read the full article at : http://www.lakecumberlandtourism.com/discover/news/item/588-lake-cumberland-wins-big-in-kentucky-living-s-2015-best-in-kentucky