Southeast Kentucky Economic Development Corporation is a 22-year-old non-profit economic development organization formed in 1986 serving 42 counties in Southeast Kentucky. SKED works directly with individual companies, their consultants and advisors to provide a wide range of services. Their services are provided on a free and confidential basis. They are a one-stop resource for:
- Site selection assistance
- Incentive and business tax information
- Key contacts in business and local government
- Demographic, wage and economic data
- Navigation through local government requirements
- Access to workforce training and recruitment resources
- SBA 504 Certified
Finally, SKED is a U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified Development Company (CDC) partnering with the SBA to provide small business financing throughout the state of Kentucky.
Small business owners thinking of purchasing or renovating commercial real estate or purchasing equipment to grow their business should consider the SBA’s 504 Loan Program. The 504 loan provides small businesses access to the same type of low cost, long-term, fixed-rate financing enjoyed by larger firms.